Spread the Word about MGMA16
With no budget for incentives, I had to devise a referral campaign to encourage registered attendees for our annual conference to invite their peers to join them. My main objectives were to make the process as quick and painless as possible and add a bit of whimsey.
Everyone loves animal videos so why not use a cute monkey video as an incentive?
The drip campaign consisted of the following components:
- Spread the Word email one: sent to registered attendees one week after registering.
- Spread the Word landing page: this page includes three easy ways for attendees to invite their peers:social media share buttons with prewritten posts, a form that will generate an email on the attendees behalf and a link to send a prewritten email from the attendees’ own email account.
- Spread the Word Thank You landing page: attendees will see this form if they fill out the form to invite a peer.
- Spread the Word email two: sent to registered attendees who did not open Spread the Word email one, one week after receiving email one.
- Peer referral email: this is email is sent to attendees peers when the fill out the form on the landing page.
- Prewritten peer-referral email: this is a pre-generated email for attendees who did not want to use the form to invite a friend.
- Charlie the Chimp video
Spread the Word email one:
Spread the Word Landing Page:
Spread the Word Thank You Page:
Spread the Word email two:
Pre-written peer-referral email: